Welcome to Louisiana geauxBIZ
geauxBIZ is your one-stop site for launching your new business in the state of Louisiana. After creating an account, you can:
- Create a checklist to help plan, make key financial decisions and complete legal activities prior to launching your new business
- Reserve a business name for your new business
- Register your business with the Louisiana Secretary of State, the Louisiana Department of Revenue, and the Louisiana Workforce Commission
- File amendments, such as annual reports, with the Louisiana Secretary of State
Some email applications may move messages from the Inbox to a different folder, such as Junk, Spam, or Clutter. You can prevent geauxBIZ messages from getting moved by adding the address firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. You can also try locating a geauxBIZ message in a Junk or Spam folder, and then select the option to "Allow messages from this Sender" or mark them "Not Junk."
Some email applications may not deliver messages from unrecognized senders. Your Information Technology staff may need to whitelist sos.la.gov in your organization's spam filter application.
You must create an account the first time you use geauxBIZ and then sign in every time you want to view your businesses or file a business document. This is a new requirement implemented for security purposes, but it also gives you access to enhanced geauxBIZ features that were not previously available. For example, after signing in, you can:
manage all your business associations on the My Businesses tab. It's no longer necessary to search for your businesses one-at-a-time to see the filings and amendments.
view all your business filings on the My Filings tab. After your business filing is accepted, you can access your business documents for 120 days. There's no need to search for old email messages with links to your business documents.
save a draft of your filing. There's no need to rush to complete your filing in a single session. Draft filings are available on the My Filings tab for up to 14 days after they are created.
edit and resubmit rejected filings. You can correct rejected business filings and refile them rather than having to start over from scratch. You can edit and resubmit a rejected filing for up to 14 days after it was rejected.
The online business registration allows you to file your business (i.e. corporation, LLC, partnership, etc.), register for a Louisiana tax account number and apply for an unemployment insurance account number. Use of this system streamlines the registration process by providing access to three agencies in one place. The system also allows us to process applications more accurately and efficiently.
To file an annual report using geauxBIZ:
- Click Sign In, and then sign in to geauxBIZ. If you are signing in for the first time, click Create Account to create an account and verify your email address.
- On your dashboard, click Getting Started.
- Select File an amendment, such as an annual report, with the Louisiana Secretary of State, and then click Next.
- Enter your charter number, and then click Next.
- On your business' details page, click File Annual Report.
- Follow the instructions in geauxBIZ to complete your filing.
For more information, please view Maintain: Filing Amendments, such as Annual Reports.